Companies run by NAHB Remodeler members showed a median dollar volume that is 60% greater than companies run by NAHB members who are not involved with NAHB Remodelers.
– source NAHB Member Census
The Council serves members that specialize in, or are associated with, the remodeling aspects of residential construction. The Council members share the common goals of providing quality, service, and value to their customers, increasing professionalism and developing leaders, and improving the performance of its members. Members of the committee represent the remodeling industry and receive the benefit of consumer marketing programs, essential education, professional designations, and the experience of their professional peers.
Popular Remodelers Council Benefits
- Only NAHBR (National Association of Home Builders Remodelers) members are listed in the Directory of Professional Remodelers and promoted to consumers
- Monthly e-newsletter, ReNews with the industry news you need delivered to your inbox
- Exclusive Marketing and Research Data: Only NAHBR members get unlimited access to proprietary economic analysis tools that can help pinpoint new business opportunities, including the Remodeling Market Research Tool and the Remodeling Market Index (RMI).
- Access to other local professionals and peers to share information, resources and gain valuable local market information
- Education and Training: NAHB members get access to education and training programs to give you a competitive edge in the marketplace, including remodeling designations such as Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS), Certified Green Professional (CGP), Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR), and Graduate Master Remodeler (GMR).
- Remodeler Awards: NAHB Remodelers honors the industry’s best with awards including the National Remodeling Hall of Fame, the Remodeler of the Year, the Remodeler of the Month, and Council Awards for Demonstrating Remodeling Excellence Award (CADRE)—awards that can help you gain the recognition in your community you deserve for your work.
- Critical information regarding the Lead Paint Rule affecting homes built before 1978
- Advocacy: For more than 50 years, NAHB’s Advocacy team has fought on Capitol Hill to protect and preserve the interests of NAHBR members on issues such as the Lead Paint Rule, Green Remodeling, Flood Insurance, OSHA, labor and licensing—helping control unnecessary and onerous regulations that could negatively impact your business success.
As a member of your local association, NAHB and of HBRA/NAHB Remodelers, you will gain access to these benefits as well as a host of beneficial contacts that can help you succeed in your local remodeling market.
The HBRA Remodelers Council hold regular meeting that provide the latest resources on local market conditions, trends and strategic business tools for remodelers and suppliers to remodelers. There is an additional $50 charge to join the Remodelers Council. Please call the HBRA office for more information, or to activate your membership so you can gain access to all the resources the Remodelers Council offers.
Each year members of the Council will take on a community service project. The projects provide valuable skilled expertise to organizations and individuals in need.