Continue to grow in your professional endeavors. Whether you’re looking to advance in your career or gain additional knowledge about a particular topic, HBRA and NAHB Education offers a wide-range of learning options. We are committed to providing the best residential home building knowledge to foster success in the industry.
CAPS – CERTIFIED AGING IN PLACE SPECIALIST
The Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS) designation program teaches the technical, business management, and customer service skills essential to competing in the fastest growing segment of the residential remodeling industry: home modifications for the aging-in-place.
The baby boom generation has many choices as this large population of potential clients for remodelers, builders, contractors and occupational therapists considers where to live – but overwhelmingly, seniors would prefer to stay in their own homes. The CAPS designation offers your potential clients what they need most: reassurance that you’ll help them make the choices that will help them stay in their homes safely and securely.
Get the technical, business management and customer service skills essential to competing in the fastest-growing segment of the residential remodeling industry: home modifications for the aging-in-place market. Earn NAHB’s Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) designation and become the expert in your market.
- Marketing and Communication Strategies for Aging and Accessibility (CAPS I)
- Design/Build Solutions for Aging and Accessibility (CAPS II)
- Business Management for Building Professionals*
CERTIFIED GRADUATE BUILDER (CGB)
Experienced builders can be even better with the Certified Graduate Builder (CGB) educational designation. You’ll sharpen your business management skills and better understand today’s home building industry. CGB courses focus on effective management in the office and on the job site, examine all stages of new home construction and cover topics such as scheduling, estimating, job cost procedures, accounting principles and basic contract law.
CERTIFIED GRADUATE REMODELER (CGR)
Remodelers with at least five years of experience in the industry can apply for the Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR) educational designation. Courses in the CGR curriculum are designed to emphasize business and project management skills as the key to a successful remodeling operation.
Learn about all the National designations available as a member. Click here to learn about all 13 designations.
- Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS)
- Certified Graduate Associate (CGA)
- Certified Graduate Builder (CGB)
- Certified Green Professional (CGP)
- Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR)
- Certified New Home Marketing Professional (CMP)
- Certified New Home Sales Professional (CSP)
- Graduate Master Builder (GMB)
- Graduate Master Remodeler (GMR)
- Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP)
- Master Certified Green Professional (Master CGP)
- Master Certified New Home Sales Professional (Master CSP)
- Master in Residential Marketing (MIRM)